Crystal Sweeney returned to Carle MCO in early 2021 to oversee the Bone Health Clinic under Dr. Lucas Armstrong. She previously worked at Carle MCO in orthopedic hand and upper extremity surgery with Dr. Oakey from 2012 to 2016. Crystal chose Carle MCO for the team environment and excellent orthopedic care for patients. She decided to pursue a career in medicine because she enjoys helping people and educating others.
Crystal is originally from Normal and graduated from University High School. After high school, she attended Mennonite College of Nursing for both her undergraduate and graduate degrees. Crystal likes to take a holistic approach to caring for patients. She believes that a patient’s health is a team effort between the patient and their provider(s). Aside from patient care, Crystal enjoys hiking, kayaking, gardening, reading, and spending time with friends and family.
- Master of Science in Nursing Family Nurse Practitioner Sequence - Mennonite College of Nursing at Illinois State University Normal, IL - 2007
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Mennonite College of Nursing at Illinois State University Normal, IL – 1998
Certifications & Licenses
- Certified Orthopedic Nurse Practitioner - 2013-Present
- Certified Family Nurse Practitioner - 2007-Present
- Licensed Advanced Practice Registered Nurse - 2007-Present
- Licensed Registered Nurse - 1999-Present
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider Certification - 1998-2001
- Basic Life Support Provider Certification - 1997-Present
Organizations & Associations
- National Osteoporosis Foundation - 2021
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners - 2008-Present
- Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society – 2008-Present
- Illinois Society of Advanced Practice Nurses - 2006-Present