Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, healthcare facilities all over the world needed to take caution and provide more options for patient care. In order to continue providing excellent service, the team at McLean County Orthopedics began offering Evisits, or virtual appointments for our patients. After seeing such a positive response from patients, MCO is now regularly offering Evisits so patients can experience virtual appointments from the comfort of their own homes. During your appointment, you will be seen by one of our expert nurse practitioners, physicians' assistants, physicians, or physical and occupational therapists, who are dedicated to healing your discomfort or rebuilding strength.
Our virtual visit is performed on a Updox, a secure HIPPA compliant platform. Patients will be working with a licensed healthcare professional and are able to connect via smartphone or computer. Your chosen device needs to have a working camera and microphone while being connected to a stable internet connection. Before your Evisit, be sure to review these helpful resources from Updox:
- How to Video Chat
- Troubleshooting: What to do if you run into any issues before or during your appointment
The following is a list of things you should know before your scheduled Evisit:
- Check your device settings, as indicated above. There is nothing to download before being invited to the Evisit.
- Make sure to be in a quiet place during your video call. Try to reduce glare if possible, by using overhead light. You may need to close curtains or blinds. It may help to have three to six feet of space behind your camera so we can assess your movement. Choose a place where you are comfortable having an honest discussion and evaluation with your provider.
- Please dress appropriately. Your clinician will need to evaluate movement and may need to see the involved body part. For example, if you have a knee problem, wearing shorts will be helpful.
- If the client is a minor, a parent or guardian must be present.
- Be ready approximately five minutes before your scheduled time. You will receive either a text message or an email on your chosen device along with a link to connect to the visit. Please note that it may take five to ten minutes to connect.
- The visit time, date, and a few screenshots will be saved, but audio and video are not recorded.
Evisits may not be for everyone. Call 309.663.6461 to determine if an Evisit is right for you!