Darren joined Carle McLean County Orthopedics in 2017 as a nurse practitioner. He works with Dr. Jerome Oakey, who treats general and complex orthopedic injuries but specializes in hand, wrist, and elbow conditions.
Darren grew up in Bloomington, IL, and graduated from Heartland Community College with an Associate of Science in Nursing in 1999 and an Associate of Arts degree in 2009. He then attended the University of Illinois at Springfield in 2011, where he obtained a bachelor's degree in history. He completed his nurse practitioner training at Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing in Peoria, Illinois, earning a master's degree in nursing with a family nurse practitioner specialty in 2016. Darren is currently pursuing his doctorate in nursing practice from Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing.
- 2016 – Master of Nursing, Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing, Peoria, IL
- 2011 – Bachelor of History, University of Illinois Springfield, Springfield, IL
- 2009 – Associate of Arts, Heartland Community College, Normal, IL
- 1999 – Associate of Applied Science: Nursing, Heartland Community College, Normal, IL
- Family Nurse Practitioner certified by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Registered Professional Nurse, Illinois Department of Professional and Financial Regulation
- Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) by the American Heart Association
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Illinois Society for Advanced Practice Nurses
- The United States Air Force
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- 2003-2007 – Registered Nurse/Owner, Total Life Care, Inc. Bloomington, IL
- 1999-2016 – Registered Nurse, Advocate Bromenn Medical Center, Normal, IL
- 1990-1994 – Aircraft Structural Maintenance Technician, United States Air Force