Sandra joined the McLean County Orthopedics team as a nurse practitioner in September of 2014. She works with Dr. Naour as part of his pain management team. She assists him with the treatment of all types of pain conditions, comprehensive pain management, including diagnosis, therapy, injections, radiofrequency ablation, and medication management. Sandy’s passion is focused on education for the patient and family. She provides specialized care for patients who are experiencing acute and chronic pain, diagnosis, treatment, and management of pain-related conditions. While working in a pain management specialty, Sandy recognized the need for a chronic patient support group. In 2014 she developed a support group that is currently held at MCO each month.
Sandy is a native of Springfield, Missouri, and in 1997 began her nursing career after earning a bachelor’s degree in nursing. The Fader family relocated in 2002 to Bloomington-Normal, where Sandy continued her nursing journey serving others in-home care, hospice, and outpatient primary and specialty clinics. Sandy went on to earn a master’s degree in Public Health Nursing in 2008 and completed the nurse practitioner program at Illinois State University in the spring of 2017. In her free time, she enjoys hiking, running, bicycling, and participating in outdoor activities with her husband and two beautiful daughters.
- 2017 – Post-Master Family Nurse Practitioner, Illinois State University, Normal, IL
- 2008 – Master of Public Health Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL
- 1997 – Bachelor of Nursing, Central Missouri University, Warrensburg, MO
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse
- Licensed Advanced Practice Nurse Board
- Certified with the American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Life Support Certified
- American Nursing Association
- McLean County Orthopedics Pain Patient Support Group
- 2015-2017 - Registered Nurse, OSFMG, Bloomington, IL
- 2012-2014 - Lead Nurse, OSF Pain Center, Normal, IL
- 2009-2012 – Manager, Educator/Regulatory Coordinator, OSF Outpatient Specialties, Bloomington, IL
- 2004-2009 – Clinical Practice Coordinator, OSF Home Health and Hospice, Bloomington, IL