Thank you for considering McLean County Orthopedics for employment. MCO is central Illinois’ premiere comprehensive orthopedic care facility. Our team of over 140 dedicated professionals are committed to the same goal. Improving the health and the lives of our patients.
Find our current openings below:
Admission Team Duties
- Preforms day-to day administrative functions and general office duties including to word processing, copying, filing, faxing, answering phones and data entry.
- Provides information to callers according to the Practices’ Policies and Procedures; transfers calls as needed, works with the call center to ensure adequate phone coverage at all times.
- Welcomes and greets patients and visitors in a manner that is helpful and friendly; determines purpose of visit and directs them to appropriate staff.
- Schedules appointments. Carefully screens patient info.
- Adheres to all Practice polices.
- Provide excellent customer service to all patients.
- Practices confidentiality and privacy protocols in accordance to Practice HIPAA requirements.
- Maintains patient waiting areas, files, and front desk areas in a manner that is organized and neat.
- Informs patients of any existing balance.
- Verifies method of payment for services and collects data and or payment as appropriate.
- Exercises problem solving and conflict resolution skills when handling patient complaints.
- Refers issues to appropriate staff.
- Performs other duties as may be required.
- Cooperative work attitude toward co-employees, management, patients, visitors, and physician
- Ability to promote favorable facility image with physicians, patients, hospitals, other physician offices, and general public
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems
- Work effectively as team member with physicians and other staff
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Understands the importance of maintaining confidentiality and HIPPA standards.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be flexible in order to meet demands of changing needs.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication.
- High school diploma or GED certificate
Certified Hand Therapist PT or OT
MCO is seeking a dynamic, passionate and skilled Certified Hand Therapist, PT or OT, to join our growing team of best-in-class orthopedic professionals. McLean County Orthopedics (MCO) is the premier orthopedic destination in the Central Illinois area. We provide client centered care in a collaborative team model.
Enjoy a collaborative and energetic team environment with an exceptionally skilled team of clinicians. Work for an organization that values the quality of care to the patients in our clinics.
- Work in a team to provide comprehensive care from acute injury to full return to life, work, and play.
- Work with therapists who are highly trained and experienced.
- Work with board certified physicians who are committed to a team approach of patient care that involves effective and consistent communication with therapists.
- Values the patient experience
- Implements evidence-based treatments to achieve the best possible outcomes
- Generous continuing education program that supports therapist certification or credentialing.
- State of the art clinics.
- Experience and knowledge of comprehensive rehabilitation including hand therapy principles and practices in an outpatient orthopedic setting
- Splinting skills and expertise in an outpatient setting
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, staff, families and physicians regarding therapy services in verbal and written form
- Minimum of a Masters degree from an accredited college or university
- Current state of Illinois PT/OT license
- Current CHT designation
- Outpatient Orthopedic hand and upper extremity experience
Medical Scribe Duties
Accurately and thoroughly document medical visits and procedures as they are being performed by the physician, including but not limited to:
- Patient medical history and physical exam.
- Procedures and treatments performed by healthcare professionals, including nurses and Physicians Assistants.
- Patient education and explanation of risks and benefits.
- Physician dictated diagnoses, prescriptions and instructions for patient or family members for self-care and follow-up.
- Entry of orders and appointment “ticklers” at physician directive.
- Prepare any other documents as requested by physician.
- Dictation/faxing/phone calls and clerical tasks.
- Identify and resolve mistakes or inconsistencies in medical documentation.
- Proofread and edit all physicians’ medical documents for accuracy, spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Collect, organize and catalog data for physician quality.
- Attend trainings on subjects such as information technology, legal documentation requirements, HIPAA and regulatory compliance, billing and coding.
Behaviors & Abilities Required
- Language skills- The ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Understanding of Medical Terminology, anatomy and physiology, diagnostic procedures, pharmacology, and treatment assessments.
- Strong Keyboarding
- Reasoning Ability
- Strong Computer Skills
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Must be proficient in typing and good at spelling, punctuation, grammar and oral communications.
- Must be able to listen to complex medical information and summarize in a clear, complete, and concise fashion.
- Excellent English Composition skills required to generate professional, polished writing at a high rate of production.
- Ability to prepare and interpret charts and graphs.
- Ability to compute ratio and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to apply logic and draw conclusions based on knowledge.
- Ability to refer to reference materials to problem solve.
- Ability to learn and use all functions of electronic medical records and transcription software.
- Accurate data entry.
Patient Account Representative
McLean County Orthopedics “MCO” is the leading orthopedic practice in Central Illinois, offering accessible and comprehensive orthopedic, physical medicine, pain management, and therapeutic care for patients throughout the Central Illinois area.
We are a multi-specialty orthopedic practice committed to providing exceptional care and comfort to every one of our patients. Our highly trained and dedicated staff including physicians, nurses, management, and support personnel all work closely together to ensure the absolute best health care services. You will find our integrated approach enables our patients to receive the highest level of care possible.
We are an equal opportunity employer seeking a full-time Patient Account Representative to join our billing department.
MCO offers a competitive salary package along with comprehensive health benefits, Life Insurance, 401K, and PTO.
- Answer patient billing questions via phone calls or walk-ins
- Maintain Athena hold buckets. This includes working claims that are denied or pending for miscellaneous reasons, attaching additional information to claims and re-billing, and checking claims status.
- Post payments on patient accounts
- Set up monthly payment plans for patients
- Provide patient collection information to H&R Accounts
- Run TOS report at end of day and reconcile money collected/posted
- Process daily close
- Issue refund requests
- Assist other staff with patient billing questions
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required
- Diversified understanding of rules and regulations of Commercial Insurance, Part B Medicare
- Knowledge of, commercial insurance, Medicare Part B and Medicaid Programs and non-contracted billing
- Knowledge of ICD 9 and upcoming ICD 10, CPT coding/abstracting and healthcare billing and collections
- Understanding of EOB’s, strong PC and EMR skills (preferably Athena)
- Professionalism and courtesy when communicating with patients, provider and external contacts
- Proven, committed customer service background
- Ability to retain composure, meet deadlines, and appropriately analyze, research, and resolve problems in a stressful environment with constant work-related interruptions.
- Dependability and an ability to work independently