Nicci joined MCO in January 2020 as a physician’s assistant. She works with Dr. Joseph Newcomer, who treats a wide variety of orthopedic conditions but specializes in total hip and knee replacement. Together, they promote patient healing with prescribed medications, injections, therapies, and other successful forms of treatment.
Nicci grew up in San Diego, California and attended University City High School where she played soccer and softball. She then went on to continue her schooling and play collegiate soccer for four years at Aurora University. There, she graduated with a Bachelor of Health Science with minors in biology, chemistry and physiology. Nicci continued her medical education by attending Physician Assistant School at Midwestern University in Downers Grove, IL. Nicci completed various rotations in all medical fields, but made the decision to pursue orthopedics because of her involvement in sports and passion to help people of all ages.
- 2017-2019 – Master of Physician Assistant Studies, Midwestern University, Downers Grove, IL
- 2012-2016 – Bachelor of Health Science (Magna Cum Laude) & Minors in Biology, Chemistry, and Physiology, Aurora University, Aurora, IL
- Physician Assistant (PA-C) by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
- Illinois Academy of Physician Assistants (IAPA)